Corpus Christi

As most Catholics should know, the feast of Corpus Christi was on Thursday but the procession is usually held on Sunday. Its a wonderful sight seeing Jesus Christ venerated in His true presence; yes! I said
TRUE PRESENCE!
Many of us have forgotten or stopped believing that Jesus is truly present in the Eucharist and it is possible to say that that's the sole reason why the Mass is not as solemn as it used to be. Imagine if I believe that Jesus is truly present at church, at the altar, I would wear my best clothes to mass taking good care of decency. I would prostrate in front of the altar greeting Him with all humility, I would worship Him with so much reverence and awe, my behavior would be far more better than how I would comport myself while at the presence of the Queen of England or the President of the United States or any other dignitary!I would try my very best to pay attention at Mass and ask Him for all the things in this world while also thanking Him for all the things He has done for me!
This is the faith that has kept the world for so long, The greatest gift Jesus ever gave and still gives us is His true presence, He IS there, In the tabernacle, the Host, waiting for you and I to receive Him worthily, to venerate Him, to love and Honor Him.
Its time for us to remember or renew our belief of Jesus in the blessed Sacrament, only then would we have the proper disposition while attending mass and so increase in our Faith.

Comments